At the most recent meeting of the Task Force (April 22nd at 6 pm), members discussed the press conference held on Wednesday, April 21st.
On Thursday, April 15th, the Education & Workforce Development subcommittee welcomed guest speakers…
The Real Estate & Housing Subcommittee hosted two meetings this month to allow more time for panelist speakers to present.
On Wednesday, April 14th, the Finance, Banking & Business hosted four guest speakers.
On Wednesday, April 14th, the Criminal Justice subcommittee members were presented data from racial equity training from police departments nationwide.
The Health subcommittee had to reschedule their April 13th meeting due to scheduling changes from subcommittee members.
Share your ideas and vision for a more equitable West Palm Beach at the Racial & Ethnic Equality Action Summit on June 12, 2021!
At the most recent meeting of the Task Force (March 26th at 10 am), members were encouraged to participate in the upcoming press conference.
On Thursday, March 18th, the Education & Workforce Development subcommittee welcomed two guest speakers.
On Wednesday, March 17th, the Real Estate & Housing subcommittee welcomed guest speakers Dr. Alisha R. Winn, who is a member of the Task Force, and Mr. Craig Glover.
See our Calendar of Meetings and Events!
- July 9, 2020: Task Force is created by Executive Order 2020-13.
- Oct. 16, 2020: Initial meeting of the Task Force. (A total of 4 monthly Task Force meetings has taken place from Oct. 2020 – Jan. 2021.)
- Nov. 16 – 19, 2020: Initial Subcommittee meetings take place (3 monthly meetings of each subcommittee (Nov – Jan) (Except Real Estate & Housing which meets 1/27)
- Nov. 19, 2020: The Task Force launches an educational website about the Task Force and its core issue areas regarding racial/ethnic equity: criminal justice; education and workforce development; finance, banking and industry; health; and housing and real estate.
- Dec. 5, 2020: Racial & Ethnic Equality Action Summit.
- Jan. 25, 2021: First Task Force report to City Commission.
- Feb. 2021: The Task Force submits its 2nd progress report to the Mayor. The Task Force completes a draft report with recommendations.
- March 2020: The Task Force submits its 3rd progress report to the Mayor.
- May 2020: The Task Force submits its 4th progress report to the Mayor.
- June 12, 2021: Proposed second Action Summit date
- June – August 2021: Subcommittees begin drafting policy ideas they would like to present to the Task Force
- August 2021: The Task Force reviews the draft policy ideas submitted by each subcommittee
- September 2021: Task Force members vote on final draft policy ideas to submit to the Mayor for review
- October 2021: Task Force co-chairs present the final recommended policy ideas to the City Commission