On Wednesday, March 10th, the Finance, Banking & Business subcommittee met and discussed more details about the survey they plan to send out to the public. This discussion included question structure, the number of questions, and key stakeholders/ organizations to send the survey to.
On Wednesday, March 10th, the Criminal Justice subcommittee met to discuss how the West Palm Beach Police Department compares with other Palm Beach police departments in terms of hiring considerations, hiring efforts, officer demographics, and officer compensation...
On Tuesday, March 9th, the Health subcommittee met and discussed more details about the survey they plan to send out to the public. This discussion included question topics, the number of questions, and key stakeholders/ organizations to send the survey to.
The Task Force recently met on February 25, 2021, at 6 pm. At the meeting, subcommittee chairs shared the progress of their respective subcommittees in exploring the priorities identified during the December Action Summit.
At the most recent meeting of the Education & Workforce Development subcommittee on Thursday, February 18th, subcommittee members discussed racial disparities in schools, including graduation rates.
At the last Real Estate and Housing subcommittee meeting (on Wednesday, Feb. 17th), subcommittee members heard from Jennifer Ferriol, Director of the Department of Housing & Community Development (HCD) at the City of West Palm Beach.
The Finance, Banking & Business subcommittee has a new name! It is now called the Finance, Banking & Business subcommittee.
During the last Criminal Justice subcommittee meeting (Wednesday, Feb. 10th) the Criminal Justice Subcommittee welcomed as a guest speaker Dan Losey, West Palm Beach Police department’s legal advisor.
On Tuesday, February 9th, the Health subcommittee met and discussed strategies to reach and engage more community members, for their participation in subcommittee meetings. Your contributions are very welcome!
The Task Force met on Friday, January 22nd at 10 a.m. On Monday, January 25th at 5:00 p.m., Michelle Diffenderfer and Patrick Franklin, Task Force co-chairs, will be presenting Task Force updates and the top two priorities per subcommittee to the City Commission.
See our Calendar of Meetings and Events!
- July 9, 2020: Task Force is created by Executive Order 2020-13.
- Oct. 16, 2020: Initial meeting of the Task Force. (A total of 4 monthly Task Force meetings has taken place from Oct. 2020 – Jan. 2021.)
- Nov. 16 – 19, 2020: Initial Subcommittee meetings take place (3 monthly meetings of each subcommittee (Nov – Jan) (Except Real Estate & Housing which meets 1/27)
- Nov. 19, 2020: The Task Force launches an educational website about the Task Force and its core issue areas regarding racial/ethnic equity: criminal justice; education and workforce development; finance, banking and industry; health; and housing and real estate.
- Dec. 5, 2020: Racial & Ethnic Equality Action Summit.
- Jan. 25, 2021: First Task Force report to City Commission.
- Feb. 2021: The Task Force submits its 2nd progress report to the Mayor. The Task Force completes a draft report with recommendations.
- March 2020: The Task Force submits its 3rd progress report to the Mayor.
- May 2020: The Task Force submits its 4th progress report to the Mayor.
- June 12, 2021: Proposed second Action Summit date
- June – August 2021: Subcommittees begin drafting policy ideas they would like to present to the Task Force
- August 2021: The Task Force reviews the draft policy ideas submitted by each subcommittee
- September 2021: Task Force members vote on final draft policy ideas to submit to the Mayor for review
- October 2021: Task Force co-chairs present the final recommended policy ideas to the City Commission