The Finance, Banking & Business subcommittee has a new name! It is now called the Finance, Banking & Business subcommittee.
During the last Criminal Justice subcommittee meeting (Wednesday, Feb. 10th) the Criminal Justice Subcommittee welcomed as a guest speaker Dan Losey, West Palm Beach Police department’s legal advisor.
On Tuesday, February 9th, the Health subcommittee met and discussed strategies to reach and engage more community members, for their participation in subcommittee meetings. Your contributions are very welcome!
The Task Force met on Friday, January 22nd at 10 a.m. On Monday, January 25th at 5:00 p.m., Michelle Diffenderfer and Patrick Franklin, Task Force co-chairs, will be presenting Task Force updates and the top two priorities per subcommittee to the City Commission.
Share your ideas and vision for a more equitable West Palm Beach at the Racial & Ethnic Equality Action Summit on Dec. 5, 2020!
The West Palm Beach Mayor's Task Force for Racial Equality launched its new website on November 19, 2020, at WPBEqualityTaskForce.org. The goal of the new website is to: INFORM West Palm Beach residents and stakeholders about the goals of the Task Force and its...
See our Calendar of Meetings and Events!
- July 9, 2020: Task Force is created by Executive Order 2020-13.
- Oct. 16, 2020: Initial meeting of the Task Force. (A total of 4 monthly Task Force meetings has taken place from Oct. 2020 – Jan. 2021.)
- Nov. 16 – 19, 2020: Initial Subcommittee meetings take place (3 monthly meetings of each subcommittee (Nov – Jan) (Except Real Estate & Housing which meets 1/27)
- Nov. 19, 2020: The Task Force launches an educational website about the Task Force and its core issue areas regarding racial/ethnic equity: criminal justice; education and workforce development; finance, banking and industry; health; and housing and real estate.
- Dec. 5, 2020: Racial & Ethnic Equality Action Summit.
- Jan. 25, 2021: First Task Force report to City Commission.
- Feb. 2021: The Task Force submits its 2nd progress report to the Mayor. The Task Force completes a draft report with recommendations.
- March 2020: The Task Force submits its 3rd progress report to the Mayor.
- May 2020: The Task Force submits its 4th progress report to the Mayor.
- June 12, 2021: Proposed second Action Summit date
- June: The Task Force submits its final recommendations to the Mayor.